“Let the stories be told… let them say what they want… let the photos be old… let them show what they want…”
“Let the Good Times Roll” – The Cars (1978)
On October 21, 1911, ground was broken at the corner of East 6th Street and Superior Avenue for what was later hailed as “the finest Newspaper plant and Office Building in the world”– home to two local newspapers, The Cleveland News, and The Cleveland Leader.
Designed by architect Charles Adams Platt, the Fifteen-floor building rises above a beautifully detailed lobby complete with Famousa marble flooring, imported from Germany, and elegant Bronze grill work, throughout.
The fate of the two newspapers was eventually taken over by current daily Cleveland Newspaper, The Plain Dealer, after a series of mergers and acquisitions.
Today the building provides office space for Cleveland’s bustling downtown business district.
Photos taken June 9, 2014